How did you meet?
We had mutual friends throughout college and had seen each other in passing, but had never been officially introduced. We always tease each other for not talking to the other sooner. After college, we ran into each other at a bar and the rest was history! I guess you could say we met when the time was just right.
How long did you plan the wedding after the proposal?
Procrastination is a fault we share. We were engaged for about a year but didn’t start planning until about 7 months before the wedding. Admittedly, even then it was primarily the large ticket items (venue, dress, invitations). A lot of our smaller details we didn’t get ironed out until much later.
The top 3 challenges/difficulties of planning the wedding.
1. Rob learning how to smile for pictures. This was a little worrisome as his “posed” smile is nothing like his natural smile. He really did practice. Luckily our photographer and her team were able to make us feel completely comfortable and it ended up being a non-issue!
2. Staying within the budget. There’s a lot of internal conflicts that happens when you start thinking about what you would spend to have a perfect day.
3. Picking and sticking with colors and a theme. So many wonderful options, it really does make it hard to pick one and stick with it. We ended up just going with things we liked and I think it turned out beautifully.
The top 3 most fun/easiest parts of planning the wedding.
1. Picking songs. It wasn’t quick, but we had a blast doing it.
2. Shopping for attire (dress, shoes, suit, rings!).
3. I’m a pretty organized person, so I found making lists fun. The more challenging the task, the more satisfaction I got from marking it done!
What fun/unique feature of your wedding made you the proudest?
We both fell in love with the venue. It was perfect.
If you had it to do over, what would you change, add or do differently?
Plan earlier. We severely underestimated how much time everything takes. Venues and vendors get booked up early (we *really* got lucky here, but we did have our moments of panic). DIY projects run long. Things ship late and sometimes too late.
Q&A section does not have custom fields. How will this data be entered?