- Season: Spring
How did you meet?
We actually met on Match.com in 2007… before meeting online was the norm.
How long did you plan the wedding after the proposal?
We were engaged for almost 2 years before we decided we wanted to have a courthouse wedding. My husband went to visit a few venues to have the party at after the ceremony and found The Hacienda. After seeing the place, we decided it was much too beautiful not to have the actual wedding at!
The top 3 challenges/difficulties of planning the wedding.
1. I was very particular about the type of photographer I wanted. Luckily, I was referred to Jessica Di Bella who was exactly what I was looking for! Tip for shy couples like us… definitely do engagement photos! We did ours a month or so before our wedding, but it really helped us feel more comfortable in front of the camera the day of.
2. Deciding not to have children at the wedding.
3. Planning it in a 3 month time frame. Luckily, The Hacienda (venue) took care of most of the details so we just had to focus on finding a DJ, photographer and florist.
The top 3 most fun/easiest parts of planning the wedding.
1. Finding my wedding dress!
2. Not having to worry about a detail during our wedding. The Hacienda had two coordinators the day of that made our wedding a total breeze to get through.
3. All the amazing vendors I spoke to or worked with. Everyone made the wedding process very easy and fun for us.
What fun/unique feature of your wedding made you the proudest?
The location. The Hacienda was absolutely gorgeous with all the lights they had up. The decorations were absolutely stunning and it really made for a fairy tale wedding.
If you had it to do over, what would you change, add or do differently?
I would have taken more time for ourselves. It was such a whirlwind of a night that we didn’t get the opportunity to appreciate all of the little details. Also, I regret not getting a videographer. I told myself we would watch the video a couple times and it wasn’t worth it, but with how quickly the day goes by, I would give anything to have those memories on video.
Q&A section does not have custom fields. How will this data be entered?